Tuna and Zucchinie Pasta
This is a favorite of mine, TUNA AND ZUCCHINI PASTA, which I learned while living in Italy. I remember hopping on the cable car in Milan in order to go to one of the city’s bigger grocery stores; PAM. One aisle was dedicated to just pasta and sauces. Italians love their pasta!
2 – 6oz cans of Albacore tuna in water (drained)
1 – 10 oz box of whole wheat spirals
1 – 27 oz can of tomato sauce
1 medium to large – zucchini
8 to 12 – mushrooms (here used Crimini)
1 medium – yellow onion
2 tablespoons – extra virgin olive oil
2 – cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1. Cook the pasta, following the directions on the box. It should take around 7 minutes in boiling water with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of salt. While pasta is cooking, you can continue with the sauce below; make sure not to over cook. Drain in a colander and let cool until sauce is done.
2. Dice up onion. Mince the garlic. Over high heat in a skillet, brown both with a tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Dice up zucchini and mushrooms. Add to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
4. Add tomato sauce and tuna. Reduce heat and let cook for other 10 -12 minutes over medium
heat. Occasionally stir.
5. Plate the pasta and ladle sauce over. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
SERVES: 4 | TIME : 25 minutes