Reduce Fraying When Cutting Wood
To help minimize splinters and fraying WHEN CUTTING WOOD, USE MASKING TAPE. I use this when cutting molding or making furniture.
1. Figure out on the piece of wood where you want to make your cut.
2. Wrap around the wood a piece of masking tape. It’s important to go around the wood at least once.
3. Using a straight edge (I use a t-square to ensure a straight line) mark where you want to cut.
4. Make cut with desired tool, be it electric or hand
5. Remove tape. You should have little to no sanding to do when done.