Ten Essential Hardware Tools to Own
When it’s time to do simple home repairs around your dwelling, these are TEN ESSENTIAL HARDWARE TOOLS to have. You want to make sure you are prepared to do some of the basics repairs like remove a hinge, install a ceiling light, hang a picture or painting, change an electrical outlet or remove molding. These are just some of the repairs where certain tools are needed and help in making the job a lot easier. You will also want to have all your tools stored in a convenient and handy toolbox or storage bin.
1. Claw hammer – Make sure your hammer is a claw one which will help in the removal of nails.
2. Tape measure – Should be at least 16 – 20 feet long. This size will help in measuring larger rooms or outdoor spaces.
3. Screwdrivers – You want to have both Phillip and straight head screwdrivers. Also in several sizes, because not all screw head are the same width.
4. Adjustable wrench – You can have didn’t size wrenches to remove nuts, but an adjustable on will save toolbox space.
5. Level – A friend to ensure you get items nailed, hung or screwed straight. A short torpedo level will do the trick.
6. Hand saw – Although most people have a circular saw, band or miter saws, it’s also a good idea to keep a small hand saw.
7. Needlenose and arc-joint pliers – The needlenose for those small to reach jobs and the arc for larger ones.
8. Corded Drill and bits – Although many companies have cordless drills, I believe this is a better investment and you will not have to deal with continually have to charge your battery. Plus, there is more power with a corded drill. You want at least an eight foot extension cord too.
9. Utility knife – This bad boy will be used more times than you can possible think. Most can hold two to three extra razors which can be used to remove paint from windows or calking.
10. Tin snips – These are great for heavy-duty cutting. Also some have at the base of the blades holes to help in the removal of the plastic coating on wires.