Several readers have asked when I was going to post my kitchen makeover. The wait is over and the final cost is around $285. Here is a breakdown of what was done.
1. Flooring – $42.96. Trafficmaster Allure vinyl plank flooring. It’s durable and made to look like wood. Comes in over 10 wood types and the tongue and groove application makes for easy installation.
2. Primer – $18.95. 123 Bullseye White Primer. Recommended for the cabinets and walls that are semigl0ss. Semigloss paint helps reduce the number of coats of paint you will have to use and helps add a protective layer.
3. Cabinets – $16.96 (4 cans used). Rustoleum Protective Enamel in smoke gray. My cabinets were metal and this type of paint works well on metal and is resistant to moisture.
4. Backsplash – $29.99 for SimplyMat, $40.oo for tiles (10 used) and $29.00 for grout and tools
5. Wall Paint – $32.00. Behr semi-gloss paint. Semi-gloss is recommend for bathroom or kitchen walls for moisture purposes. It’s also recommended for molding, doors and window frames.
6. Chalkboard paint – $11.74. Rustoleum brand. Comes in black or for pennies more you can get tint to different colors.
7. Shelves – $29.98 Shelf Clip Brackets (2 sets) and $20 for shelves
8. Rollers, brushes, paint trays and tape – $30