Plum and Black Cherry Tart
Seasonal fruit of plums and black cherries are combined in this recipe to create a delicious tart. Using a large muffin pan, you can bake six individual PLUM AND BLACK CHERRY TARTS.
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1 1/2 all-purpose flour
1/4 lb butter, 1 stick, cold and cubed
2-3 tablespoon cold water
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 plums, cut 1/2″ cubes
1 lb black cherries, pitted and cut in halves
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1. In food processor, blend in sugar, flour and almonds. Add in butter. Continue to blend on low/ medium and add water one tablespoon at a time until it begins to clump and stick together. It might require three tablespoons at the most.
2. Remove dough and flatten in to a disk. Wrap in in plastic wrap and refridge for at least one hour.
1.. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine fruit, ginger, cinnamon, lemon juice and one tablespoon of sugar and mix together. Set aside.
2. Take dough out of plastic wrap and divide into six even balls. In a six compartment muffin tin, press dough evenly on the bottom of sides of each.
3. Spoon fruit into each tart and sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar over each one. Take the butter and drizzle on top of the sugar.
4. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
SERVING: 6 | TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes (minus cooling of dough)