Portable Table Top
A PORTABLE TABLE TOP is ideal for an outing to the beach or a picnic in the park. With construction time under thirty minutes, the only thing you have to worry about now is what meal to prepare.
4 yards webbing
staple gun and staples
strong adhesive glue
13 wood stats, (1 1/2″ x 1/4″ x 30″)
DIRECTIONS – How-To Video under the Video section of the website.
1. Space eleven of the wooden slats parallel to one another with space in between each one. They should total from the first to last 30″ forming a square shape.
2. Cut the webbing in half, so you have two strips equaling two yards.
3. Start at one end of the parallel boards and lay both strips of webbing six inches in on both sides so they transect each board. One end of the webbing should be even with the first board; the last board (eleven) should have the excess amount of webbing. This excess side will be used to wrap the table around to carry.
4. Staple the webbing twice to each board.
5. With the remaining two boards (boards #twelve and thirteen), glue and then staple half of the velcro strip to both ends of each board. Then about three to four inches in, you want to staple and glue the other half to boards one and eleven. This will provide the cross beam to the table.
6. Take the corresponding velcro and add (staple and glue) to the end of boards one and eleven. This will allow you to roll all the boards together for travel purposes without losing the cross beams.