Chocolate Espresso Tombstone Cake
May the dead rest peacefully, while your welcomed guests enjoy the pleasures of the living. This CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO TOMBSTONE CAKE give death by chocolate a new meaning.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup espresso coffee, brewed
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a mixer, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Adding one egg at a time, continue to mix on low / medium speed. When done, slowly add in flour.
4. On medium heat, melt chocolate along with milk. Then add chocolate and espresso to the batter and beat until thickens.
5. Grease 9″ x 12″ baking pan with butter and pour in batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes until a toothpick, inserted into the cake, comes out clean.
7. Let cool and gently invert on to a platter. Cut out tombstone shape and using a R.I.P template, gently sprinkle confectioner’s sugar over the cake.