Duck a l’Orange and Pomegranate
This slight twist will have those who love duck wanting the recipe for this sweet DUCK A L’ORANGE AND POMERGRANATE.
1 tablespoon honey
2 oranges + 1 orange of garnishing
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. After washing and cleaning the duck in cold water, cut one orange into wedges and put in the cavity of the duck.
3. Mix together the juice of 1/2 orange, 1/4 cup pomegranate juice and honey. Puncture the duck with a fork numerous times and spread juice over the duck evenly.
4. Place in roasting pan with 1/2 cup water on the bottom of the pan and cook for 2 hours. Start to baste the duck after the first 30 minutes, so duck can absorb some the juices.
5. Mix together the other half of the orange’s juice and remaining orange juice, 1 teaspoon orange zest, 1/4 pomegranate juice, white wine, brown sugar, ginger and corn starch. Remove duck from oven and spread evenly. Continue to cook for another 30 -45 minutes until done.
6. When duck is done, remove from pan and place sliced oranges over duck for garnishing.