Chicken, Macaroni, and Cheese Casserole
With the addition of a small side salad, this CHICKEN, MACARONI, AND CHEESE CASSEROLE is perfect to make for dinner.
2 chicken breast
10 ounces penne pasta
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups sharp cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon stone mustard
2 cups milk
1. Boil chicken and when done let cool. Pull chicken. Save water to cook pasta.
2. Cook pasta until al dente about 8-10 minutes.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Whisk milk and eggs together in medium bowl.
5. In medium sauce pan saute onions, garlic and mustard with butter. When lightly brown, add milk and eggs. Bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling begins, reduce heat to medium / high and add sharp cheese along with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir until all cheese is melted. Once melted, add in chicken and pasta making sure to mix thoroughly.
7. Transfer to a 2 quart souffle dish. Top with remaining parmesan cheese and then add bread crumbs.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until top is lightly brown.
SERVES: 6 | TIME: 1 hour