Baked Eggs with Chicken Sausage and Cheddar
It’s not quite a frittata and it’s not quite a casserole, but this BAKED EGGS WITH CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND CHEDDAR is a fantastic way to start the day. And my friend Ali helped me create this new dish for THE BASICS.
5 cups french bread, 1/2″ cubes
2 cups chicken sausage or non-flavored sausage, cut up or diced
1/4 cup milk
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using a small pan saute onions with oil. Leave to the side.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Leave to the side.
4. In a 9″ x 12″ non-stick pan or cooking dish, place the bread on the bottom, then layer with chicken next, then onions and pour eggs over. Top with cheese.
5. Cook for 20 minutes in oven.
SERVES: 6 | TIME: 30 minutes